Wednesday, April 6, 2011

EDW - ZBrush WIP

Brought the model from Maya into ZBrush.  I wanted to start small and figure out a workflow, so I started with sculpting the mouth region.  I still need to adjust the depth of the mouth and lips, as well shape the philtrum a little more accurately, but it's a pretty decent start I think.  Her lips aren't quite round enough I don't think, and although the chin is a little pointy, I feel like the shape is generally correct.  The nose is completely wrong, but I'll get there....



Sculpting is fun.  :)
But here is a picture that is probably a little bit closer to what I'm going to eventually be sculpting.  I think I want to sculpt her smiling instead of being all smoldering because I want to model more creases.


It occurred to me that I completely forgot to model the base for the hair.  I'm going to start looking for styles, do a base mesh, and model that separately I think.  Then combine the two after they're done.  Or, since I'm not that far, I might start sculpting over.  Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cade, one small critique from me...

    On the top side photo of her head, it seems like the nostril seems to be pinched or something, where if you look at the reference photo it's more rounded. I know this is totally a WIP so it's no big deal

    cheers

    ReplyDelete