Monday, April 11, 2011

EDW - Project Switch

 So...I spent a bunch of time working on the hair for the bust, realizing that I had to attach it before I could start sculpting because I didn't want poor Angie to be bald.  I decided since I had to start over what I sculpted anyway, that I could change the project if I wanted.  (Not to mention I somehow lost the file with the hair when transferring files from my computer onto my flash drive).  I looked for a while for a reference of an older woman so that I could do some wrinkles (so much more interesting).  I had a hard time finding references, though I had thought about perhaps doing Maggie Smith.


But in my image-searching I somehow happened upon Jim Broadbent (who played Harold Zidler in Moulin Rouge! and Horace Slughorn in Moulin Rouge) and so I started to consider doing a male bust.


Also thought about doing a president with a suggestion from Kate, such as Howard Taft or Ronald Reagan, but we talked about other old famous actors, and I actually really liked the idea of either Dumbledore or Gandalf.  So, I decided to go with Ian McKellan.  The next question was which Ian McKellan to model.


Gandalf Ian.


Dashing Ian.



Or perhaps Dapper Ian.



But when it comes down to it, I think I'm going to go with Magneto Ian.  Mostly because there is no facial hair, his hair is a good position to sculpt, and he does lots of wrinkly frowns and eyebrow-raising.

So next I'm going to readjust the proportions of my bust and get a-sculpting.

EDIT:
Found a model someone else did:

No comments:

Post a Comment